- Personal information collected from the Website: We collect personal information in order to provide our services and solutions, to conduct our business and to improve our products, services, and client service, and for certain other purposes explained below.
The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information to the extent that is reasonably necessary for that purpose. The types of personal information that we might collect include, but are not limited to, the following: name; title or position; company name and details; business address; e-mail address; phone number; fax number; information that you provide to us through customer surveys; and information when you register for Eagle lines events and seminars.
We do not normally collect sensitive information about you such as information relating to your health, religion, political beliefs or race. If you’re an Eagle lines client and you do not agree to provide us with your personal information, this may limit our ability to provide our services and solutions to you.
This clause will only be applicable to the extent that you have applied for employment using our website. If you apply for employment with Eagle line, we also may collect personal information including details contained in letters of application and CV/résumé, previous employment background, education history, work-related experiences, certifications, or other professional credentials, and language(s) and other relevant skills. You may also voluntarily choose to provide other relevant information as part of your application. If you intend to provide us with personal information of a reference or any other third party as part of your application for employment, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that third party prior to providing the personal information to us.
- Personal information collection methods: We collect information directly from you and may collect your personal information in various situations, including the following: when we respond to your inquiries and requests; during conversations or email exchanges between you and our representatives; when we obtain feedback from you about our solutions and services; when we conduct our administrative and business functions; when you register for our events, workshops and seminars or subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters; when we market our solutions and services to you; through your access and use of our websites; and if you apply for employment with us. We may at times obtain personal information that relates to you through third parties. For example, we may collect personal information from public databases, business partners, or third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services, to the extent permitted by applicable law. We may at times also supplement the information that you provide to us with information we receive from other companies in our company in order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Eagle lines. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
- Purposes of information collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information: We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you. For example, we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes: to send communications; to establish, manage, and maintain our business relationships; to respond to inquiries and requests; to develop, provide, and improve our services and solutions; to inform you about our services and solutions; to obtain feedback from you on our services and solutions; to provide you with a more personalized experience when you interact with us; to conduct administrative and business functions; to update our records and keep contact details up to date; to enable you to subscribe to our website, newsletters and mailing lists and to register for Eagle line events, workshops and seminars; to process your application for employment with us, evaluate whether your qualifications may suitable for other employment positions with Unitrans, and for employment-related purposes if you are hired; to assess the performance of our websites and to improve its operation; to process and respond to privacy complaints; to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator; industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country; or as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law.
- Disclosure of personal information. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for the purposes set out in paragraph 5 above and to other group companies in our company as set out in paragraph 4.We may also disclose your personal information to: contractors, suppliers, and other third parties who provide business, marketing, and other services to us; a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock; and regulators, courts/tribunals, and other governmental authorities of any country, or other recipients as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law. We will ensure that we have agreements in place with the above mentioned third parties to ensure adequate and equivalent protection for your personal information and that such parties comply with appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also disclose your personal information: where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of laws; and where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
Our website may allow you to post questions or comments that will be viewable by other visitors. Please note that any such information may be available to the general public. We urge you to exercise caution when deciding to post any personal information online. We do not provide your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their third-party direct marketing purposes.
- Storage and security of personal information: We provide adequate protection for your personal information in our possession including appropriate and reasonable technical, physical and organisational measures and precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information in our possession is secure. Access to your personal data will be limited to individuals who have a legitimate business need to access your personal data. Unitrans’s website is linked to the internet, and as the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
- Direct marketing: To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and solutions that we consider may be of interest to you. We may send communications in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable laws. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from our company, you may opt-out of receiving them by using the opt-out mechanisms provided in those communications. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
- Access and updating of correct personal information: You have a right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. If you wish to access, correct, update, suppress, or delete your personal information that has been previously provided to us, please send a written request using the contact details set out below: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate. Please update your information whenever your details change.
- Contacting us: If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information is being handled by Eagle lines transport company, please contact us as follows: 52, Urubi Street, Benin city, Edo state. 08071690257, 08071690277 or email@example.com. You can also visit our website at eagleline.com.ng.